Providing safe transportation to families has been one of our highest priorities in building fall plans for hybrid instruction. We know that during times of transition between home and school it is easy to let safety guidelines slip, and we appreciate parent and student support in making arrival and dismissal times as safe as possible. Students will practice the arrival and departure procedures during orientation. Please note that everyone must enter the main building through the Fishbowl (glassed entrance on the left side of the Courtyard) or gym. All other entrances to the Main Building will be locked.
Safe arrival and departure
During orientation students will learn the safe procedures for arrival and departure from school, including dropoff and pickup procedures.
- The 2020-21 LA Bus Schedule is linked here. We are working with our busing company, First Student, to make sure that buses are as safe as possible for students who need them.
- If you are able to provide alternate transportation for your student(s) we ask that you do so in order to allow space for students who need to ride the bus.
Driving, drop off, and parking
- To reduce movement and congestion on campus, students will be asked to arrive on campus within the same time as bus arrivals. Specific times TBD.
- All students arriving by car are expected to use the student parking lot.
- Drop off will NOT be allowed on Academy Hill Road, the Poe loop, the bus loop, or KB/ATEC parking lots
- Students who drive themselves should park in the student lot.
- Students are expected to put on their mask before getting out of their vehicle and stay distanced at all times while on campus.