It’s a winter wonderland! Temperatures are low outside, but students are enjoying the snow as well as exciting indoor activities. Educator in Residence, Aubrie Howard, shares about a recent Community Rock Climbing Night at Camp Kieve:
“Camp Kieve’s Friday Community Climb Night is great opportunity for students and members of the greater community to come together, celebrate the week and step outside their comfort zones. Katia Guerrero from Mexico and Beatriz Sacay from Brazil were two student participants and they had a blast. Katia who has gone to a couple climb nights before, took Beatriz under her wing and showed her how to get into her harness and talked about her experiences with the different routes. Everyone supported, encouraged one another and shared in each other’s successes. It was a fun way to start off the weekend. The next climb night will be in March at Camp Kieve.”
Academic Calendar: Our second trimester will end March 13 and mid-trimester grade reports will be sent to you by email at the end of January. The full Academic Calendar can be viewed by clicking here.
Travel Plans Due: The dorms will be closed for both February and April Vacations and student travel plans are due no later than January 31. There is still space for February Vacation Camp – but time is running out to register! Click here for more details.
The Aerie: The latest eddition of the Lincoln Academy Magazine is focused on Building Community and features stories of students, faculty and alumni. Electronic version here: https://www.lincolnacademy.org/aerie-magazine-2019/
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration | January 20| Day of Service, Student Assembly, and Community Events
- Lunar New Year Celebration | January 25 | Educational Events, Special Dinner Celebration, and Fireworks
- Winter Carnival | February | School-wide Competitions and Special Events
- February Break | February 15 – February 23, 2020| Dorms will be Closed, Travel Plans Due January 31.
- April Break | April 18 – April 26, 2020 | Dorms will be Closed, Please Submit Travel Plans.