Heading into Week Three: We have now completed our second full week of virtual learning. Please be in touch with your teachers and let us know if you have any questions or need assistance accessing academic materials. Each international student has been assigned an adult support person to help address concerns that may arise from living in a different time zone, in an area with restricted access, or other such concerns. Please contact the following staff for Academic Support:
- Jacob Abbott, Dean of Students and Director of Residential Life
- Jose Cordero, Guidance Counselor
- Hilary Petersen, Associate Director of Admissions
Important Updates for International Students, including virtual learning schedule and insurance information can be found by clicking this link: https://www.lincolnacademy.org/virtual-learning-for-international-students/
ESOL Conversation Support is being offered to ESOL students. Opportunities to speak English regularly with native speakers is a wonderful way for students to keep up their language skills, even while isolated at home. If your student would like to schedule an opportunity to chat remotely by phone, WhatsApp, Skype or Zoom in English with a native speaker from our community, please contact Sarah Kennedy.
Guidance Updates continue to be sent through email, Canvas and posted to the LA website. The latest information for Class of 2020 college going students can be found at the following link: https://www.lincolnacademy.org/2020/03/class-of-2020-college-going-students-and-families/
- ALL Standardized testing at LA is cancelled for the remainder of the year. Refunds for Sophomore PSATs are being issued and checks will be mailed out soon. If you have questions about PSATs, SATs, ACTs, MEAs, ASVAB, etc please direct your questions to Guidance.AP Exams: ALL AP exams will be offered online this year. A new schedule for exams is posted on the collegeboard.org.
- AP Students should check in with their AP teachers for more information about how their class can best prepare for that new AP test format. Right now, the current due date for AP Exam Fees is Monday April 27th. Fees remain $94/exam. Fee reductions are available for students that are active with our free or reduced lunch program. We are working hard on a method for families to pay this fee. Please stay tuned for more information to come on AP exams and fees.
Re-enrollment Contracts for the 2020-2021 school year have been sent by the LA Admission Office. Please be aware that there is a special no risk offer for all re-enrolling families. Please contact Lu-Shien Tan or Hilary Petersen with any questions.
- March 23-April 17: Virtual Learning through Canvas
- April 18-April 26: April Vacation (no scheduled virtual learning)
- April April 27: Scheduled return to school