The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) opening date is October 1, 2021. For more information, go to FameMaine.com.
FAME’s Virtual Financial Aid Information Sessions
For help understanding financial aid for college, sign up for one of FAME’s (The Finance Authority of Maine) virtual sessions. FAME is a great resource, and these sessions will be worth your time!
Students can apply for financial aid for the 2022-2023 academic year starting on October 1, 2021. Now is a great time to learn more about the financial aid process and how to afford higher education.
Earning a degree or certificate is an important financial and personal investment but many students and families wonder how to pay for college. FAME is here to help, providing free information to help you prepare to apply for financial aid and make a plan to pay for education after high school.
Please join FAME for one of their Virtual Financial Aid Information sessions. During a Financial Aid Information session you’ll learn more about:
- The financial aid process and filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Types of financial aid and tools for comparing financial aid offers
- Strategies to minimize college costs
- How the financial challenges resulting from COVID-19 impact the financial aid process
- Additionally, you’ll be able to ask questions live!
These sessions will be hosted by a member of FAME’s College Access team, and they look forward to connecting with you!
FAME’s College Access and Financial Education Team:
- Mila Tappan, College Access and Outreach Manager
- Jessica Whittier, College Access Counselor
- Maria MacDougal, College Access Counselor
- Nicole Vachon, College Access Counselor
- Floreka Malual, College Planning Advisor