- Friday, November 18: Last Day of first trimester. Early release day. We will follow the Wednesday ERD schedule, and buses will depart at 2 pm.
- November 19-27: Thanksgiving vacation
- Monday, November 21: Winter sports practices begin for some winter teams.
- Monday, November 28: Classes resume (A Day)
- Thursday, December 1: 5:30 pm in the ATEC Blue Room. Quebec Trip Parent Meeting
- Sunday, December 4: Damariscotta Baptist Church. Winter Band Concert
- December 5, 6, 7: 8th Grade visits to LA
- Wednesday, December 7: Picture retake day. All students and staff who missed picture day in September please plan to have your photo taken!
- Sunday, December 11: 7 pm at St. Patrick’s Church in Newcastle. Sounds of the Season Choir Concert
- December 17-January 2: December Vacation
- Tuesday, January 3: Classes resume (B day)
Mark your calendar for the upcoming school vacations in December, February and April when the dormitories will be closed. We do have some special programs offered during breaks including Winter Camp at Kieve-Wavus in February and a trip to Washington, DC in April. Students or families need to have plans for December break submitted in Orah by November 18th.
Winter Sports Begin November 21
Winter sports sign ups are now posted in the English Wing. Students can still sign up to join one of our winter sports offerings: basketball, cheer, swim, wrestling, or indoor track. As students sign up, the athletics department is checking to see that their sports permission and physical are up to date. All winter athletes should check these lists. If the required paperwork is not up to date they cannot begin practice.
The Winter Sports Schedule is now available as a printable PDF.
Winter practices begin as follows:
- Indoor Track: After Thanksgiving vacation starting Mon, 11/28, 3-4:30pm daily in the fitness center.
- Wrestling: Vacation week: Mon-Wed, 5-6:30pm in the fitness center. After vacation: 5pm daily in the fitness center.
- Swim: Vacation practices at Wiscasset pool Mon 7-8pm, Tues 6-7pm, and (optional) Wed 2:30-3:30pm. After vacation: Mon 7-8pm Tue/Thur 6-7pm Wed 2:30-3:30 Fri 5:30-6:30
- Basketball: check the Gym Practice Schedule Nov 21-Dec 10
- Cheer: check the Gym Practice Schedule Nov 21-Dec 10
Congrats to LA’s Award-Winning Coaches!
- Melissa Burroughs, Maine Class B Girls Tennis Coach of the Year
- Jeff Burroughs, KVAC Class B Boys Soccer Coach of the Year
- Garrett Martin, KVAC Class B Boys and Girls Cross Country Coach of the Year
Yearbook Photos – EXTENSION
The people spoke and the yearbook staff listened. Senior photos, baby photos, and quotes are now due to the Yearbook staff on DECEMBER 1. Seniors can use the following forms to submit their materials.
Please note that seniors do not need to purchase a yearbook! Every senior will get a yearbook as part of a senior fee that also covers cap and gown and senior t-shirt.
The information about purchasing Parent Ads/Parent Messages in the 2023 yearbook will be coming soon!
Questions? Contact the yearbook staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Other LA Parents
Join the LA parent Facebook groups so you can organize for class fundraisers and other class-specific events. Join with the links below:
Class of 2023: https://www.facebook.com/groups/405116788368222
Class of 2024: https://www.facebook.com/groups/694463811604680/
Class of 2025: https://www.facebook.com/groups/626509702356048/
Class of 2026: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1721650521554327/
Career and Academic Counseling
Students with November Deadlines:
After you submit applications, many schools will send you an email and invite you to login into their portal to check the status of your application. That email will come with login credentials. Please sign into the portal and continue to check your portal regularly until your application is complete and ready for review. If there is something missing, please let your School Counselor know ASAP! Please keep this information organized (use a note on your desktop, start a Google doc with this information, write it down somewhere and keep it safe) because ultimately this is where your decisions will be posted. Please continue to check your email and these portals regularly and stop into the CAC office with any questions.
Many Juniors participated in the PSAT last month. They put forth a great deal of effort. The results will be released through Collegeboard December 5th-6th. Students need to set up a Collegeboard account or log into their account so that they have access once scores are released.
Our office has been receiving questions about testing in regard to college admission. Over the past two years, many schools have gone testing optional and many have committed to a 5 or 3-year testing optional plan however, there are significant differences between the testing policies between schools. With that, we want to make sure our students have access to all options. Junior meetings will begin when we return from the holiday break and we will have an evening program including parents and guardians to further discuss the college process and application timeline. During this meeting we will discuss testing, but here is some useful information to know prior to this meeting:
- This winter and spring, the College Board will administer the SAT on 12/3/22, 3/11/23, 5/6/23, and 6/3/23. To sign up for one of these tests you will need to log into the College Board and select the date and location. (Lincoln Academy will administer the test in May.) You can talk with your school counselor about your testing plan, but we advise students to take the test twice with sufficient time in between each test to be able to receive the score back and to prepare. Each student’s testing plan is different and some may choose to take the test after the summer (8/26/23, 10/7/23). Again, please speak with your school counselor if there are questions or concerns.
- We will have a test prep opportunity during Focus Learning Block at Lincoln Academy during the second trimester (November 28th – March 10th) and if there is sufficient demand, we will also offer this during the third trimester. More details on this to come. Additionally, Khan Academy is an excellent and free resource.
Please remember that testing is only one piece of the application (and some students may not need any testing for their college process). The student’s transcript is the most important piece of any application. Your student’s junior year and their academic experience should be their first priority. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your student’s counselor.
Bookmark these links!