Midwinter and Mid-School Year
We are at the mid-point in the school year and this week students begin working with their advisors on schedules for next year. Mid-trimester progress reports were sent to families via email last week and this is an important time for students to be thinking about their academic goals for the rest of this trimester and beyond. Please be in touch with your student about their courses and choices for next year.
Congratulations to the Lincoln Academy’s Debate Team, including Residential Life student Nandi Gero, for their success at the Maine State Debate Tournament! More here: https://www.lincolnacademy.org/2023/01/la-debates-to-success-at-state-tournament/
More than 75 LA community members, including many of our Residential Life students, took part in a special group ski trip to Sugarloaf Mountain on Sunday. Students who were new to skiing took lessons and others challenged themselves on treeline trails. We have more cold weather on the way and are looking forward to Winter Carnival, playing in the snow, and more skiing opportunities in the weeks ahead!
As a reminder, the Approved Travel Dates for 2022/23 and 2023/24 are linked below:
- 2022/2023 Travel Dates: https://www.lincolnacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/4.-Approved-Res-Life-Travel-Dates-2022_2023-Final-May-1.pdf
- 2023/2024 Travel Dates: https://www.lincolnacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Approved-Res-Life-Travel-Dates-23_24.pdf
Dean of Students
Director of Residential Life
- Tuesday, January 31: Deadline for Parent Ads in the LA 2023 Yearbook. Purchase ads at this link.
- Thursday, February 9: 5:30pm-6:30pm at the Bath Regional Career and Technical Center. BRCTC prospective student open house.
- Monday, February 13-Friday, February 17: Winter Carnival!
- Saturday, February 18-Sunday, February 26: February Vacation
- February 18-21: Quebec Trip
- Monday, February 27: School resumes. “A” Day
- Friday, March 3: 7 pm in Poe Theater. Public performance of the LA One Act play “Machine Stops”
- Friday, March 10: Last Day of Trimester 2
- Friday March 10-Saturday, March 11: One Act at Regionals
- Saturday, March 11: 5 pm in the Dining Commons. LA Booster Auction
- Monday, March 13: Professional Development Day–NO SCHOOL
Mark your calendar for the upcoming school vacations in February and April when the dormitories will be closed. The Washington, DC trip in April is now full, please let us know if you would like your student added to the waitlist for that program. There is still time to register for the Winter Camp at Kieve-Wavus in February.
Click on this link to see an updated Gym Practice Schedule. Want to catch a game, meet, or match? Check the Athletics Calendar!
Yearbook Ad deadline is January 31!
Don’t miss out on the chance or your family or business to have a place in Lincoln Academy history by advertising in the 2023 Lincolnian Yearbook!
- Senior families: Purchase a Parent or Business Ad. Use this link to make an ad purchase, and build your ad or ask the yearbook staff to build it for you. Parent and business ads are due January 31, 2023.
- Grades 9-11 families: Buy a yearbook at this link. Online purchases guarantee delivery of a yearbook when they arrive in May 2023.
Connect with Other LA Parents
Join the LA parent Facebook groups so you can organize for class fundraisers and other class-specific events. Join with the links below:
Class of 2023: https://www.facebook.com/groups/405116788368222
Class of 2024: https://www.facebook.com/groups/694463811604680/
Class of 2025: https://www.facebook.com/groups/626509702356048/
Class of 2026: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1721650521554327/
Career and Academic Counseling
Sophomore Year and Beyond: The CAC Office invites sophomores and their parents to our virtual presentation of “Sophomore Year and Beyond” on Tuesday, January 24th at 6:30pm. As we reach the halfway point of the school year, counselors will present on the importance of sophomore year and how to make the most of it.
Join by phone
(US) +1 515-318-5175 PIN: 734 357 595#
PSAT10 sign-up’s by Wednesday, January 23rd in Advisory
The sophomore PSAT10 is scheduled for Thursday, March 23rd, 2023 at LA at 7:30am. This is an OPTIONAL test that will cost $18 ($20 if paying with a credit card, please reach out to Lori Wright 207-563-1675×2105) and is a practice SAT geared toward sophomores. For more information about the PSAT10 in general.
Bath Regional Career and Technical Center (BRCTC) faculty will be visiting with sophomores during the day at LA on Friday, January 27th to share more about their programming, and applications will be available after this date. On Thursday, February 9th BRCTC will be hosting a prospective student open house 5:30pm-6:30pm.
School Counselors will be meeting with juniors individually to further discuss their Life After Lincoln Academy plans. School counselors will help students reflect on their previous three years, their future goals, and explore varying options. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to your student’s school counselor.
Scholarships are updated regularly and posted in Naviance! Encourage your senior to check often.
Please continue to check your online portals at the colleges and universities where you applied. If materials are missing, we have electronic receipts for all submitted materials from LA and can help. We can absolutely take care of this now versus March. Peer Tutors.
If your student is interested in becoming a Peer Tutor, please email Ms. Alicia Lemar in the CAC office at Lemar@lincolnacademy.org. This will happen during FLB and only in subjects students choose. Sign up now to join this exciting program!
In turn, if your student would benefit from the help of a peer tutor, please reach out to Ms. Alicia Lemar at: email@example.com.
Bookmark these links!
These will help you throughout the year.
- Printable Calendar of Important Dates: includes orientation, vacations, and holidays for the 2022-23 school year.
- School Calendar (on the LA website)
- Athletics Calendar (on the LA website)Parents and Guardians page of the LA website
- Faculty and Staff Directory
- LA Flickr Page: recent photos that can be downloaded for printing or sharing
- Follow Lincoln Academy on Facebook
- Follow Lincoln Academy on Instagram
2022/2023 Travel Dates:
2023/2024 Travel Dates for NEXT school year: