Lincoln Academy: An independent, comprehensive secondary school for day and residential students.
Grounded in community, global in vision, and rich in opportunity, Lincoln Academy challenges all students to grow in skills and scholarship, serve others, and lead fulfilling lives.
Lincoln Academy will:
- Guide and empower students to develop the skills they need to build lives of meaning and purpose.
Promote global citizenship, problem solving, creativity, and critical thinking to prepare students for an increasingly complex and interconnected world.
- Offer opportunities for faculty and staff enrichment that enhance education, model lifelong learning, and foster a culture of personal growth.
- Utilize our unique coastal Maine location as an educational laboratory, enriching understanding of environmental stewardship, ecology, culture, history, and economic opportunity.
- Ensure a well-resourced and financially sustainable institution.
- Position Lincoln Academy as a community hub of learning and excellence that contributes to the economic vitality of our region.
Lincoln Academy, with proud ties to the local community since 1801, is more than a school, it serves as a social, educational, and community center. We believe that community is the foundation for student learning and growth, and we encourage students to seek opportunities for community engagement that enriches themselves and our region.
Students at Lincoln Academy have a rich diversity of strengths, skills, and life experiences. We believe that these differences create a stronger learning environment for all students. We are committed to meeting the needs and supporting the aspirations of all students within their wide range of cultures, learning styles, socioeconomic backgrounds, and national and individual identities.
We believe that the character of our students is vital to their success, and to the school as a whole. We model excellence, compassion, honesty, fairness, perseverance, and service to others to inspire students to develop traits that will strengthen future relationships and ability to lead fulfilling lives.
We believe that the ability to think through complex problems is vitally important in learning and in life. We challenge students to think critically, evaluate large issues from multiple perspectives, and make decisions based on sound reasoning.
We provide ALL students with opportunities for discovery and growth. We encourage them to study subjects that challenge, engage in extra-curricular activities, consider travel opportunities, collaborate, and follow their passions both in and out of the classroom.
Communication is a foundational skill that we nurture throughout the school. We encourage students to convey their ideas effectively, and listen to and respect the opinions of others.
We believe that students learn best in a safe and respectful environment that provides academic, social and emotional support. We strive to connect those in need with the resources and assistance necessary to fully access their education.