Lincoln Academy Fast Facts
- LA was founded in 1801 and is the fourth oldest secondary school in Maine.
- LA is located in a safe, coastal town and is only one hour from Portland, Maine and three hours from Boston.
- LA has 547 students from 20 Maine towns as well as 14 countries.
- LA’s student to teacher ratio is 12 to 1, and the average class size is 18.
- LA has 60 faculty; 58% with graduate degrees.
- LA offers 19 AP classes as well as honors courses.
- LA has over 40 clubs, activities, and sports.
- LA has updated science laboratories and classroom facilities. There is also a beautiful dining commons as well as a black box theater. One residence hall opened in the fall of 2013, and another new dormitory opened in February 2015. The Applied Technology and Engineering Center began hosting classes in March 2015.
LA is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and is a member of the Maine Association of Independent Schools, the National Association of Independent Schools, the Independent Schools Association of Northern New England, the College Board, and the Maine Principals’ Association.