The Office of Career and Academic Counseling is staffed by three school counselors and two administrativee assistants. This office begins its service to students and parents with the introduction of Lincoln Academy to incoming eighth graders and continues its service through the senior year and students’ transition out of Lincoln Academy to post-secondary education, work, military, or other pursuits. We welcome students of any age to return to us for assistance in future planning.
Some of the services available to students are:
- Scheduling and planning classes each year
- Meeting with students/parents/teachers regarding academic questions/difficulties
- Maintaining and updating student records
- Classroom education in career and post-secondary education planning
- Individual and group counseling
- Presenting to parents and students information regarding college and future planning
- Organizing parent/teacher meetings for the benefit of students
- Career and college planning, senior interviews, and recommendations for college and scholarships
- Consulting and outside referral when necessary for parents and students
There are lots of college-search resources at the Lincoln Academy Naviance site. Follow this Link to Naviance.
The Lincoln Academy Senior Handbook is updated every year with relevant information for seniors. The College Application Contract outlines the guidance office and student and family responsibilities regarding the college application process and deadlines.
The 2020-21 High school profile shows Lincoln Academy’s academic overview at a glance.
See more about College Counseling services.