The Lincoln Academy Library supports our school’s mission to offer programs that build knowledge, skills and social values and promote high aspirations among all our students, and to create lifelong learners who understand their complex relationship to the broader world. We accomplish this by:
- Providing access to a diverse collection of print and digital resources through the library and our library website that support and enrich our students’ research needs and recreational reading interests
- Supporting the school’s curriculum and helping students develop skills necessary to be successful as 21st century learners
- Offering library programs and events that support literacy and help create a culture of reading in our school.
Cathi Howell – Director of Library Services
Carol Jackson – Assistant Librarian
We are here to assist you with your educational needs and to support your recreational reading as well. Please feel free to ask us for help when you need it!
Monday through Friday – 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM
You may come to the library before school, after school, and during study hall with a pass from your teacher. You may come in to browse for books, do research, read, work on homework on your own or with a group, use the library computers, scanner, printers or photocopier, or use the conference and viewing room.
Other services provided in the library include:
- Access to a photocopier – cost 10¢ per page
- Interlibrary loan – when you need to borrow books and materials from other libraries
- Access to educational video programs recorded through Channel One – ask the librarians for monthly listings and descriptions of available videos
- Access to Scholastic Book Orders
Policy on Borrowing & Renewing Library Materials
- Most library materials may be borrowed for a two-week period, with the exception of video tapes which may be borrowed for one week
- Materials may be renewed for an additional period by bringing them back to the circulation desk and requesting that they be renewed – provided no one else has reserved the item
- Students are responsible for returning library materials in a timely fashion and paying for materials that are lost, missing, or stolen
- Students with materials overdue by greater than two weeks may not borrow additional library materials until their accounts are cleared
- Overdue notices will be issued periodically and at the end of each trimester students will be billed for library materials that are not returned or renewed
- Seniors are expected to return all library materials and/or pay for missing items prior to graduation ceremonies.
You can find out more about the library, events and services on the dedicated library website →.