Email any technology questions not covered by the information below to email@example.com.
A good choice for virus protection on your own personal computer is Avast. If you bring your own device, you are expected to run an anti-virus program. Please download and install them from the links below:
Windows installer file
Mac installer file
Printing at LA
Click here for a list of public printers at Lincoln Academy, and instructions on how to add them to your device.
Internet access while away from Lincoln Academy
If you have no Internet access at home, the LA Library has hot spots that you can borrow which will allow you to complete your school work. Visit the LA Library to learn more! Additionally, here is a list of available local free wireless sites:
1) Damariscotta- Skidompha Public Library- for a google map, click here
2) Damariscotta- Miles Memorial Hospital Campus – for a google map, click here
3) Damariscotta- McDonald’s – map here
4) Damariscotta- Sherman’s Maine Coast Book Shop & Cafe – for a google map, click here
5) Bristol-Computer Connection – for a google map, click here
6) Wiscasset – Wiscasset Public Library- for a google map, click here
7) Waldoboro – Waldoboro Public Library- for a google map, click here
Your LA Gmail address will be shut down at the end of the school year following your graduation. You should establish your own personal email address if you haven’t already. Exhibit good digital citizenship by choosing an address that is professional enough to use when seeking employment or further education.
You may also use Google Takeout to make an archive of your Lincoln Academy Google account data by following the instructions listed below.
|Google Takeout is the backup service provided to you through your Google Apps Account. Make sure you are logged into your LA Google Apps account and then navigate to:
This will bring you to the advanced settings within your Google Apps Account which hosts the Google Takeout application.