A good choice for virus protection on your own personal computer is Avast. If you bring your own device, you are expected to run an anti-virus program. Please download and install them from the links below:
Printing at LA
Click here for a list of public printers at Lincoln Academy, and instructions on how to add them to your device.
Internet access while away from Lincoln Academy
If you have no Internet access at home, here is a list of available local free wireless sites:1) Damariscotta- Skidompha Public Library- for a google map, click here 2) Damariscotta- Miles Memorial Hospital Campus – for a google map, click here 3) Damariscotta- McDonalds – map here 4) Damariscotta- Sherman’s Maine Coast Book Shop & Cafe – for a google map, click here 5) Bristol-Computer Connection – for a google map, click here 6) Wiscasset – Wiscasset Public Library- for a google map, click here 7) Waldoboro – Waldoboro Public Library- for a google map, click here
Please contact Stephanie Cheney, Academic Technology Coordinator, with any questions at cheney(at)lincolnacademy.org
Copy content from your school account to another account
If you’re using a Google Account through your school, you can copy and transfer your files to another Google Account. This process lets you:
- Back up your files from time to time
- Keep important files when you graduate, switch schools, or leave for another reason
What you can copy
You can copy and transfer these kinds of files from your school account to another Google Account:
- Email in Gmail (not contacts, chats, or tasks)
- Documents that you own in Google Drive (except files in the “Google Photos” section of Drive)
- Documents in My Drive
The original files stay in your school account. Any changes you make to the copied files don’t affect the originals.
Copy & transfer your files
Each time you copy files from your school account, a new set of copies is created in your Google Account.
Create an account
If you haven’t already, create a Google Account. Your new email address will be your firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepare your files
To copy content that other people have shared with you, add those files to My Drive.
Start the copy process
- On your school account, go to Transfer your content.
- Enter the email address of the Google Account where you want to copy your content.
- Select Get code.
- On your Google Account, check your Gmail inbox for a confirmation email from Google. In the email, select Get confirmation code. A new tab will open with a code.
- On your school account, go back to the “Transfer your content” page. Enter the code, then choose Verify.
- Choose the content you’d like to copy, then select Start transfer.
Details about the copy process
- The copy process usually happens within a few hours, but it can take up to a week.
- Copied files might appear in batches on your Google Account during the copy process.
- When your files are finished copying, you’ll get an email at your Gmail address.
Google Takeout is the backup service provided to you through your Google Apps Account. Make sure you are logged into your LA Google Apps account and then navigate to:
This will bring you to the advanced settings within your Google Apps Account which hosts the Google Takeout application.
|Home and Office||Social||Media|
|Mail (Gmail not Exchange)||Google+ Circles|
Check what you would like to backup and then click Create Archive. You can choose the file format you wish the data to download as – this defaults to zip file.
You do not have to stay on this page if you check the option “Email me when ready” which will notify you when the zip file is available. This may take awhile depending on the amount of data you have stored.