Why Lincoln Academy?
Students from the Lincoln Academy boarding program come from over 17 countries around the world, with diverse backgrounds, interests and experiences.
Lincoln Academy is a warm and welcoming community of faculty, students and staff. Dorm life during the week is full of activities in the early afternoon; sports practices, club, and team meetings occupy many of our students until dinner. Our delicious meals are prepared by professional culinary staff. Study hall is mandatory from 7:00pm to 9:00pm, and support study hall is also available for students who need additional help. Faculty dorm parents and proctors provide academic help and a caring presence throughout the entire afternoon and evening.
Facts at a Glance
- Independent High School Grades 9-12
- 550 Students from Maine & 17 countries around the world
- Student to teacher ratio is 12:1; Average class size is 18
- 60 faculty; 58% with graduate degrees
- 135 academic classes; 40 clubs, activities, and sports; 30 performing arts classes
- 19 Advanced Placement Courses; Math, Debate and Robotics Teams
- Safe, small town setting with scenic ocean, lakes and forest
- 1 hour drive from Portland, Maine; 2.5 hour drive from Boston, Mass
- Two new dormitories, new STEM technology center
If I met someone else who was like me, who had grown up in more than one country, I would tell them that Lincoln is one of the best bets for you. The moment I got here, it felt like a fresh start. I didn’t just make friends with kids from all around the world; I had teachers at Lincoln who actually cared and would take the time to get to know me as an individual, a student, and almost as an equal. You can tell they care about your growth as a person as much as your education as a student.
Karan Nair ’16 ~ India/Dubai
I can confidently say Lincoln is a friendly and welcoming school with adults who want to help you grow both academically and as a person. I have incredible opportunities with Independent Studies and internships because of the resources recommended to me by teachers and counselors. Because I have moved many times, I’ve seen lots of schools. After only two years at Lincoln, I have realized that the faculty and students have such a strong and caring culture that your initial skill level doesn’t matter. In everything you do at Lincoln, what matters is your growth and effort. Lincoln has truly been everything they said it would be and more for me.
Aria Tan, ’20 – USA/Malaysia
I felt Lincoln Academy was more genuine than other schools I looked at. Upon arrival, it was everything I expected it to be. I’ve bounced around the globe for most of my life and being here for the last three years of my life has been really transformative.
Chas Van Damme ’19 ~ Bolivia/Belgium/USA
How to Apply
Enrollments continue throughout the year. Please see the list below for application requirements.
- Online application form
- School transcripts from the past three years
- Video Interview with Director of Admissions via Skype, Whatsapp, Facetime or WeChat
- English teacher recommendation form
- Math teacher recommendation form
- Photocopy of passport photo page
- One of the following: Duolingo, IELTS, TOEFL iBT (school code 3634)
- Proof of financial support (Bank statement of fixed deposit preferred)
- Photocopy of F-1 visa and I-20 Form, if currently studying in the U.S.