Director of Admissions, Lu-Shien Tan visits Vietnam
Why Lincoln Academy?
Students from the Lincoln Academy boarding program come from over 17 countries around the world, with diverse backgrounds, interests and experiences.
Lincoln Academy is a warm and welcoming community of faculty, students and staff. Dorm life during the week is full of activities in the early afternoon; sports practices, club, and team meetings occupy many of our students until dinner. Our delicious meals are prepared by professional culinary staff. Study hall is mandatory from 7:00pm to 9:00pm, and support study hall is also available for students who need additional help. Faculty dorm parents and proctors provide academic help and a caring presence throughout the entire afternoon and evening.
Facts at a Glance
- Independent High School Grades 9-12
- 550 Students from Maine & 17 countries around the world
- Student to teacher ratio is 12:1; Average class size is 18
- 60 faculty; 58% with graduate degrees
- 135 academic classes; 40 clubs, activities, and sports; 30 performing arts classes
- 19 Advanced Placement Courses; Math, Debate and Robotics Teams
- Safe, small town setting with scenic ocean, lakes and forest
- 1 hour drive from Portland, Maine; 2.5 hour drive from Boston, Mass
- Two new dormitories, new STEM technology center
Lincoln Academy is a place of self-discovery. Truly, I feel immense pride in saying that the people here have had a great part in creating my identity. Many times, I feel compelled to stop and just appreciate all the love around me. You may consider the distinguished teachers, our successful sports and music programs or just want to use high school as a stepping stone for college. However, if you have any doubts about who you are or what you should be, you will quickly realize that Lincoln Academy has a place for you. Here, a new day is a great day.
Filip Nguyen, (Class of 2020) – Ho Chi Minh City
“I have loved my time at Lincoln Academy, and am looking forward to my Senior Year. I’m a part of the math team, debate team, and concert choir. Maine is beautiful and I enjoy spending time outdoors near the ocean”.
Vy Nguyen, ’21 – Hanoi
Before I came to America, I wasn’t a very active or social person. But since the moment I arrived at Lincoln Academy, I have had a chance to participate in all kinds of sports that I thought I would never do, like wrestling, tennis and swimming. Taking sports here not only gives me an opportunity to try new things but also to socialize more with new people.
Bao “Sunny” Le, (Class of 2021) – Binh Duong
How to Apply
Enrollments continue throughout the year. Please see the list below for application requirements.
- Online application form
- School transcripts from the past three years
- Video Interview with Director of Admissions via Skype, Whatsapp, Facetime or WeChat
- English teacher recommendation form
- Math teacher recommendation form
- Photocopy of passport photo page
- One of the following: Duolingo, IELTS, TOEFL iBT (school code 3634)
- Proof of financial support (Bank statement of fixed deposit preferred)
- Photocopy of F-1 visa and I-20 Form, if currently studying in the U.S.