Welcome to Lincoln Academy! LA has been educating students for over 200 years. Originally established as a feeder school for Bowdoin College, LA has a long history as one of the top high schools in Maine. As you look through the website, please take note of the many academic and extracurricular opportunities we offer. There are many reasons why I think you should choose LA, but here are the top five:
- Academics: Students who study hard at Lincoln are well-prepared for America’s most respected colleges and universities.
- Campus: The school has a new Applied Technology and Engineering Center, new science laboratories, and updated classroom facilities. There is also a beautiful, modern dining commons and black box theater. A new boys’ residence hall opened in the fall of 2013, and another new residence hall opened in February 2015. Click here to see photos of the LA dorms.
- Location: Students at LA enjoy the benefits of a safe, small town in coastal Maine but are only an hour away from the amenities and activities in Portland.
- Opportunities: With over 40 clubs, activities, and sports, students have the chance to try new things and perhaps discover a new talent.
- People: LA’s teachers are passionate about their subjects and value each individual student. Many of LA’s teachers have extensive international experience. In addition to working hard, LA staff and students like to have fun, as well. The LA community is welcoming and informal.