The Lincoln Academy Library supports our school’s mission to offer programs that build knowledge, skills and social values and promote high aspirations among all our students, and to create lifelong learners who understand their complex relationship to the broader world. We accomplish this by:
- Providing access to a diverse collection of print and digital resources through the library and our library website that support and enrich our students’ research needs and recreational reading interests
- Supporting the school’s curriculum and helping students develop skills necessary to be successful as 21st century learners
- Offering library programs and events that support literacy and help create a culture of reading in our school.
Cathi Howell – Director of Library Services
Jennifer Betts – Assistant Librarian
We are here to assist you with your educational needs and to support your recreational reading as well. Please feel free to ask us for help when you need it!
Library Hours: Monday through Thursday – 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM – Friday – 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM
You may come to the library before school, after school, during lunch, and during study hall with a pass from your teacher. You may come in to browse for books, do research, read, work on homework on your own or with a group, or use the library computers, printers or photocopier. We have a variety of supplies and resources on hand that you may use for school work and projects.
Other services provided by the library include:
- Access to a variety of online databases, subscription services, and educational tools and resources through our library website
- Access to printers and a photocopier
- Interlibrary loan services – when you need to borrow books and materials from other libraries
- Access to Scholastic Book Orders
- Books & Brunch – a book discussion group that is open to students, faculty members and community members.
- Library Team – a club activity that is open to all students who are interested in helping out in the library and helping to plan events and activities sponsored by the library.
You can help us maintain a pleasant and productive library environment by:
- Signing in at the desk when you come in
- Working quietly and being respectful of other students who are working and reading in the library
- Returning borrowed library materials on time
- Using library computers responsibly
- Signing out to use the restrooms, go to the office, see a teacher, etc. and having Mrs. Howell or Mrs. Betts sign your pass when you return to class
- Helping to keep the library neat – putting things away, throwing away trash, etc.
- Food and beverages are allowed in the library as long as you clean up after yourself.
Here is a link to our updated Library Expectations & Reminders!
Policy on Borrowing & Renewing Library Materials
- Most library materials may be borrowed for a two-week period, with the exception of audio-visual materials and technology equipment which may be borrowed for one week
- Materials may be renewed for an additional period by bringing them back to the library and requesting that they be renewed – provided no one else has reserved the item
- Students are responsible for returning library materials in a timely fashion and paying for materials that are lost or damaged
- Overdue notices will be issued by email at progress report time and at the end of each trimester
- Students will be billed for library materials that are not returned at the end of each school year
- Seniors are expected to return all library materials and/or pay for missing items prior to graduation ceremonies.