Save the Bell Campaign
The Save the Bell campaign is an opportunity for Lincoln Academy to engage the greater community in the restoration of the campus bell tower and the preservation of our historic artifacts.
The bell tower has stood firmly in the tradition of Lincoln Academy since the school house was built on Stagg Hill in 1867. Generations of alumni have been welcomed, celebrated, and commemorated by the ringing of the bell from this historic tower. The physical structure and its indelible image is deeply planted in the mind and memories of all who have been part of the Lincoln Academy community.
As the most recognizable part of the oldest structure on campus, the tower and its bell represent the close connection between our 220 year traditions and the current community that assembles each school day on the campus. This campaign will focus on preserving the physical tradition of the bell tower and bell, as well as preserving historical archives and the oral traditions of the school for the future.