- Database that provides access to over 10,000 full-length programs and over 130,000 video segments covering a wide range of topics.
- Directory of over 1 million education based blogs organized by content area and lesson plans.
- Dedicated to empowering and connecting teachers, administrators, and parents with innovative solutions and resources to better education.
- Over 2600 educational videos.
- An online current events and special events news site for grades 3-12; updated weekdays during the school year. Includes lesson plans.
- Award winning local and nationally produced programs.
- The Learning Network from the New York Times
- A collection of websites for teachers, lawmakers, and parents for taking a proactive approach to prevent bullying in schools.
- Directory of websites for teachers organized by content area.
- Free educational videos organized by subject areas.
- Teachers Sharing Writing Lessons
History & Social Studies
- Digitized historical materials documenting U.S. history and culture. Over 9 million items organized into over 100 thematic collections based on original format, subject matter, or who first created, assembled or donated the items to the Library.
- Online exhibits, outreach, interactive tools, lesson plans, in-school demonstrations, and other resources, to help communities and schools learn about, celebrate, and share their local history. Developed by the Maine Historical Society.
- Collections of primary resources — historical documents, literary texts, and works of art — thematically organized with notes and discussion questions.
Math & Science
- Science videos from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- A collection of over 50 math and science video lessons sponsored by MIT’s Learning International Networks Consortium.
- Seven open-access, peer-reviewed science and medical journals.
- The community for educators using Web 2.0 and collaborative technologies!
- Common Sense Media offers this FREE Digital Literacy and Citizenship Curriculum to help educators empower their students and their school communities to be safe, responsible, and savvy as they navigate this fast-paced digital world.
- Secure Social Learning Network for Teachers and Students
- Free resources and lesson plans for teaching with technology.
Visual & Performing Arts
A free and open, not-for-profit, art history textbook.
- Comprehensive online content in a variety of global languages. Provided through MARVEL!
Resources in Spanish for all ages in two unique interfaces, each with its own comprehensive encyclopedia: Enciclopedia Moderna for high school ages and up and Britannica Escolar Online for ages 6-12. Provided through MARVEL!
- Foreign languages news sites organized by MIT Libraries.